Buying From USA

Josh350z

Hiya

Just wondering where everyone buys their performance part from in USA?

I am looking at buying an Intake Plenum Spacer, either the Motordyne or AAM and Nismo CAI

Performance Nissan http://www.performancenissanparts.com/index.html have the motordyne and CAI in stock, however, they don't make it very easy to purchase from them!!

1. They won't ship to another address other than the address your credit card is registered at. (I wan't mine delivered to work) :thumbdown:

2. They won't ship for 10 days unless you fax them a copy of both sides of your credit card, photograph from ID card (passport) and comformation of your banking details. :angry:

3. approx. £100. shipping charge. :scare:

Where does everyone buy their parts from? and is the above the norm for trying to buy from USA?

I know that CourtesyParts http://www.courtesyparts.com/ ship to addresses other then billing address but unfortunately they do not stock the Motordyne Plenum Spacer.

Would really appreciate some other alternatives.

Mind you, the best solution would be to find a UK suppier for these items!

Would appreciate any input from anyone that has experienced importing parts.

Cheers Josh

I have bought a few items from the States ,but be warned you will sometimes get hit for import duty and vat, plus a handling charge by the carriers, so it wont make the item much cheaper than sourcing it from the UK

Plus the fact I have had items go missing and its a long job chasing up compensation ! :wacko:

I havent bought from Performance recently, but used them in the past, no issues or documents requests, so must be a new thing! :scare::dry:

other good sources are Z1auto, and Z1motorsport. Z1auto guys are even on board here, so check them out and PM them!

I found prices even with the avg 20% (vat+duty) added to them better most of the times :)