Strange Whiring Sound

bengazzard

Just wonding if you guys have come across this before... Basically was in Devon over the New Year hols and we went down to some beaches...

On the way out of one of the beaches there were some steep inclines to get up.

Doing a typical hill start clutchwise and was moving very slowly, after a while along with the engine noise there was a higher pitched whiring sound..

The car infront of me had its tyres spinning doing a similar thing so I'm wondering if it was that or if theres something else wrong.. certainly was very unnerving!!

Other than that... Some fantastic roads down there!! Expecting a ticket in the post tho!! :boxing::D

Sadly, we have only owned the zed for just under a month, and as its the missus's daily drive, I havent had the chance to explore it in full yet! :blush:

I would imagine that the traction control would have stopped the wheels spinning wouldn't it?

Could it have been the fans kicking in early due to it heating up much quicker? :unsure:

Guest prescience

What were the road conditions like - any ice about for example? This sounds like a scenario a few years back on a Puma - accompanied by a bit of smoke and smell. Never recurred.

Wouldn't worry yet, just keep an eye out and don't baby clutch too much

• 2 weeks later...
Just wonding if you guys have come across this before... Basically was in Devon over the New Year hols and we went down to some beaches...

On the way out of one of the beaches there were some steep inclines to get up.

Doing a typical hill start clutchwise and was moving very slowly, after a while along with the engine noise there was a higher pitched whiring sound..

The car infront of me had its tyres spinning doing a similar thing so I'm wondering if it was that or if theres something else wrong.. certainly was very unnerving!!

Other than that... Some fantastic roads down there!! Expecting a ticket in the post tho!! :boxing::D

I get this :dry: I think it`s just when the car`s under load, ie, up steep hills. I think i`ts just something vibrating at certain frequencies, nowt to worry about I don`t think. If you are worried get it to the dealer, they`ll either sort it or cause a few more vibrations to add to it. :)