Speedo reset

Roger_Mellie

Hi all, first post, really excited to be a 350z owner.

Just bought a 350z. It's an 05, base spec. It had been sat for a few years so I got a mechanic to take it away to give it a quick once over and MOT it. He's just dropped it back this morning and when I've just taken it out I noticed the Speedo needle is underneath the pin that it should be resting on. 

I've done a quick search and it looks like it could be an electrical or battery issue, but I was wondering if there's any way to reset it? 

Couple of pics below of what it looks like when the engine is off and on, any suggestions on how to fix it?

IMG_20190720_115750447.jpg

IMG_20190720_120059921.jpg

2 minutes ago, ATTAK Z said:

Does the digital speedo still work OK ?

Looks like it, although it's in km/h. For some reason the display changed from km/h to something else whilst I was driving, so for a while I had no idea how fast I was going!

Edited by Roger_Mellie

• 2 weeks later...

hello, mine did a similar thing when the battery was knackered...the speedo was wildy spinning all the way round.  It seemd to sort itself out when i got a new battery though. Is your battery new?  Although I now have a "check engine light" on dash, which is common I hear. I need to " do the peddle dance" to clear it. ( and your top digital speedo is kms (like mine) as its probably an import.