Forged Internals

CE_350

Hii, this is my first post after shadowing this site for a year now:lol:

Anyway, just been reasearching the forged internals for the DE engine and just wanna know what you guys think of the better ‘brand’ to go for in terms of reliability.

these are the parts I’m planning on upgrading and would like some help for recommendations.

Pistons, rods and bearing, rings, crank bearings and head bolts.

Also is the stock crank capable for forced induction do you think? Obviously I would get it rebalanced once out and if it’s up for the power?:plane:

Mahle are the best pistons (and ring sets) in the world and are available off the shelf in low comp for an F.I DE engine build. Either CP or JE after that.........would avoid everything else.

Carrillo for top end rods but are pricey and to be honest most forged rods are suitable to high HP builds.

ACL race series bearing sets and ARP head and main stud kits for DE...........crank is fine but as you have said get it all balanced as an assembly inc flywheel/clutch cover and install a ATI damper and you've got yourself a very solid and bomb proof bottom end which will last years and years of abuse

Edited by 350Butcher
  • Thanks 1