doesnt it just p**s you off

law350

driving home last night, waitign at a junction and the guy infront pulls out, then decides he is too far in the road, slams it in reverse and reverses into my car.

luckily all that is damaged is the number plate(now on das) and the black plastic 'fascia' thing holding it to the bumper.

You had to smell this guys breath(taxi driver)......not sure he hadnt been drinking, and his eyes gave it away also. anyway, i got off lightly, more inconvenience value than the expense.

might phone and make a complaint to the taxi firm though that their driver is pi**ed and cant drive!!

If I suspected him of boozing I would have called the police. That guy could of been at the start of his shift. Risking lives like that through drink is shocking and the guy deserves to be punished!

Sorry to hear about the Zed, whip off the black bitty as it looks better without it anyway!

i will be calling the taxi company later, ive made my mind up.

was just pi**ed off at the time some idiot had driven into me.

didnt realise the black bit came off......then you jsut stick the plate to the bumper?...nice!

I would report it to the Police never mind the taxi firm - trouble these idiots get away with it! :angry: Worry more about killing someone if they were boozing and driving!

Manchester Evening News delivery van drivers and Toyota Avensis taxis (usually X reg's) are the worst drivers on the planet but seem to have diplomatic immunity!

didnt realise the black bit came off......then you jsut stick the plate to the bumper?...nice!

Thats it. :thumbs:

The taxi company won't care. As long as their is someone to drive the taxi I bet they couldn't give a monkeys.

You have to deal with it then and there or it's your word against his with no evidence. :rant::rant::rant:

But its worth a mention - I am sure they could find out which cab it was - if you remember the time and location (if no reg number)

Plus if you mentioned about the smell of booze?? Or maybe if nothing else logging an incident with Police - if this guy has other incidents already logged aginst him in the past then they may look into it? Worth asking anyway ? As we said if the guy is drink driving a cab - well its a no brainer is'nt it??

you think i missed the boat then???.......didnt really think about it till i got home as was fuming about him hitting my car, and was jsut thankful it had broken anything.

Potentially. You dont know who the guy is and its probably too late to do a blood test for alcohol so I'd just leave it.

Did the guy offer you any details? I mean just because superficially nothing looks damaged doesnt mean it is. I would have taken insurance details off him right there and then.

I would ring the taxi company just to cover yourself. Some taxi companies employ freelance taxi driver and operate under their own insurance and not that of the taxi company. In some cases they aren't insured at all.

I would also get the front bumper throughly looked at. They may be a crack in it somewhere which you couldn't see last night

i will phone the taxi company this afternoon.

as far as the car goes, it appears to be ok. i have washed the front off and dried it and he has only damaged the number plate and the black surround thingy. and as someone said, i'll jsut attach the plate to the bodywork instead.

he just blamed me for being....ready for this......'behind him' to which i replied where would he expect me to be???.

i got his taxi number from the plaque on the back of his cab.

I'd want it repairing back to how it was before the accident. Why should you have to make do with sticking the number plate on to the bodywork unless of course that it for aesthetic reasons. Even so still get the part and sell it on here. Handy for some JDM owners who want to have a UK style plate

Might be worth making a complaint to the taxi license issuers. They will take more action that the police!

+1 - I was going to suggest that once I heard you got his number. They will be very interested to hear one of their licencees has had an accident which was quite blatently his fault and tried to fob you off and didnt even offer insurnace details. Tell the cab firm you've told them too :thumbs:

F'in taxi drivers are a pain in the rear end. Once the missus came to pick me up at the station, she was trying to find a space and a cabbie was up her rear end (she was in my Zed), so she swung it into a disabled space. He then wound down his window and shouted abuse about her not being disabled the f'in retard. How the hell did he know she wasnt disabled?! I told her she should of said she was picking me up and I have no legs, see him get out of that one :lol: