Clutch slave options

Jack94

What's people's thoughts on aftermarket clutch slave cylinders?

Worth paying the extra for oem? Or are they just as good/better? 

I'm getting all the bits together for a clutch/flywheel change on my Rev-up which feels like it's going to need doing 

in the not so distant future..

The general concensus on here seems like it's definitely worth refreshing the slave and swapping out the line for a braided one at the same time. 

Any help appreciated! 

I'm going to be going through that soon too and I'm compiling bits as I go so it's not a massive shock to the bank account in one hit :lol:

Stoptech do a slave cylinder for the DE's which I've heard do the job well and probably what I'll be buying.

Definitely replace the standard line with a braided one too for the sake of £25 as mine failed last year and drained itself of all its clutch fluid leaving the pedal on the floor and me stuck 10 miles from home... 

https://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/nissan/nissan-350z/stoptech-350z-premium-clutch-slave-cylinder.html

https://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/hel-performance-nissan-350z-braided-clutch-hose-flexible-hose-replacement.html

• Thanks 1

That's exactly my thought process, that way when the time comes it'll just be the labour cost that needs paying :lol:

I've heard good things about Stoptech brakes but nothing much about any of their other products. 

Definitely going to go with the HEL line, like you said for the sake of £25 it's gotta be worth doing if a failed one could leave you stranded. 

6 hours ago, Jack94 said:

That's exactly my thought process, that way when the time comes it'll just be the labour cost that needs paying :lol:

I've heard good things about Stoptech brakes but nothing much about any of their other products. 

Definitely going to go with the HEL line, like you said for the sake of £25 it's gotta be worth doing if a failed one could leave you stranded. 

Yeah gotta be the way to do it, picked up an exedy stage 1 clutch kit at a good price now so it can sit in the garage until it's needed :lol:

Definitely, I've heard the slave fail too which results in a similar thing and it's £35 so again it's not a bad thing to do.