Aftermarket speakers, no bass.

JackD

Hi all.

I have rencently brought a beautiful 350z and wanted to make the sound system better. 

A previous owner has fitted a pioneer head unit and 250w 6.5 inch pioneer speakers in the doors and the rears. 

For it some reason it has very little bass and when the volume is turned up to a reasonable volume the speakers go very distorted. 

I was was wondering if there is an easy fix to solve this? I was thinking maybe the speakers are all blown or some one has did have an amp and/ or sub installed also and disconnected it when selling in the past? Or would these speakers not require a amp? 

I will try upload some photos showing the speakers and head unit. 

Thanks in advance for any replies!!

Jack

IMG_5632.JPG

IMG_5633.JPG

IMG_5634.JPG

Edited by JackD

Hi Jack, there’s too many unknowns to give you a definitive answer here. Could be a number of things, incorrectly wired up, faulty equipment etc etc.  What is your definition of ‘lack of bass’, perhaps they’re all performing correctly but you were expecting more? You should take it to someone local to you who can have a look (maybe someone on here can help with that). The set up you’ve got there should give a reasonable sound if installed correctly 

Thanks for your reply Dave. 

Yea I think that would be the best thing to do.

If anyone if fairly local that know what there looking at would be kind enough to help would be great as I have no clue haha. 

Jack.