Check engine light with invidia cat back

ATJBoyd

Recently picked up my 350 with a cat back invidia exhaust installed by the previous owner. Occasionally after driving the car for a while the check engine light comes on and the previous owner said this was to do with the car not being tuned for the new exhaust/intake setup. Resetting the ecu gets rid of the CEL but I don't want to keep having to do this. The previous owner claims the uprev tune would sort this problem but before I spend the money I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem with the invidia exhaust? Or if it could be a bad o2 sensor? I have very little knowledge when it comes to tuning so any advice would be great thanks 

2 hours ago, Adrian@TORQEN said:

Hi and welcome. It's nothing to do with the Invidia Gemini, but most likely with the high flow cats or decats if you have these fitted. An UpRev remap with sensor disabled will cure the problem.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Just had a similar issue with my old exhaust. Warning light was coming in due to a blown gasket from manifold to cat. Worth checking you haven't got a slight leek somewhere. It was giving out a code for an O2 sensor, which was fine.