Help with coolant system required (Leeds area)

heyho

It started with a run out and as I reversed into the garage I got loads of coolant coming out of reservoir tank and a loud gurgling noise.

Since then I have checked oil - no cheesy deposits at all and also no white smoke form exhaust. Also done a Dr Headgasket test and that is fine. So my fingers are well and truly crossed.

Anyway I replaced my temp sensor and thermostat and bled the system but still I am getting some overheating. But not always. had the car on idle for over an hour in the sun the other day and it was fine.

But I daren't drive it far (hence Atkins in Malton is out) so does anyone have any recommendations for a good garage to take it to in the Leeds area

I wondered about the fans. When I originally broke down (coolant spewing out and needle in red) I noticed only one fan on. When I changed thermostat and let it idle for ages with heating on full there was still only one on and I never heard that click you get.

Anyway I prodded it with a screwdriver and it worked for a while then stopped. prodded again and its started again and stayed on.

But I wouldn't call its speed anything like a jet turbine lol. Not going to try this but I reckon both fans are revolving so slow  I could stop them with my fingers. Would have expected a bit more speed or is that me.

Don't want to spend £200 on new fans though until I am sure

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks to evryone for their suggestions. Ended up replacing temp sensor, thermostat and fan with Mitshimoto equivalents.

Went through the bleed process following it to the letter. just done a 17 mile round trip and not a single issue.

Fingers crossed its sorted. if not... well I will cross that hurdle lol