Slipping Clutch

SunGodRA

I think my clutch is finally on its way out - over the weekend I put my foot down in 4th (thinking I was in 2nd) and the revs shot up with no increase in speed - then came the smell - a horrible burning smell. Suffice to say, clutch is slipping badly.

Unfortunately, I'm broke at the moment and cant afford a new one (£1000+ fitted) so I am looking for a used or reconditioned one. Anyone got any ideas where I can get one?

p.s. its a JDM 2002 model

I think my clutch is finally on its way out - over the weekend I put my foot down in 4th (thinking I was in 2nd) and the revs shot up with no increase in speed - then came the smell - a horrible burning smell. Suffice to say, clutch is slipping badly.

Unfortunately, I'm broke at the moment and cant afford a new one (£1000+ fitted) so I am looking for a used or reconditioned one. Anyone got any ideas where I can get one?

p.s. its a JDM 2002 model

£250 for a standard clutch, should be no more than £300 for fitting.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote found a mechanic to fit for £20/hour, he reckons 3-4 hours :thumbs:

You want to get that in writing as Nissan allow 8 hours.

Got this bit wrong - he actually charges £30/hour but he quoted me on the job (£100) not on hourly rate. Just as well - took him 3 1/2 hours to fit clutch, and 1 1/2 to bleed the hydraulics after (thanks for the heads-up on that one Phil, much appreciated!!!) - Anyway - I gave him the £100 and offered a £20 tip, which he refused and apologised profusely for the time delay! - top bloke! - will definately use him again. If any of you guys live in South East (Maidstone way) and need a mechanic let me know and I will give you his phone number!

Anyway - job done! - I just keep stalling the car at the moment!! - the clutch bite is much lower than before - also the pedal is so much lighter than before - but I will get used to it.

Total Cost: New clutch and Labour - £356 - RESULT!!!

Thanks again to Big Phil for supply and post sales support!!!

[quote found a mechanic to fit for £20/hour, he reckons 3-4 hours :thumbs:

You want to get that in writing as Nissan allow 8 hours.

Got this bit wrong - he actually charges £30/hour but he quoted me on the job (£100) not on hourly rate. Just as well - took him 3 1/2 hours to fit clutch, and 1 1/2 to bleed the hydraulics after (thanks for the heads-up on that one Phil, much appreciated!!!) - Anyway - I gave him the £100 and offered a £20 tip, which he refused and apologised profusely for the time delay! - top bloke! - will definately use him again. If any of you guys live in South East (Maidstone way) and need a mechanic let me know and I will give you his phone number!

Anyway - job done! - I just keep stalling the car at the moment!! - the clutch bite is much lower than before - also the pedal is so much lighter than before - but I will get used to it.

Total Cost: New clutch and Labour - £356 - RESULT!!!

Thanks again to Big Phil for supply and post sales support!!!

Pleased it's all sorted Dave, thanks for the kind words. :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...