portable generator circuit breaker, need help :S

neo

had a cheapo petrol generator for a few years, don't use it that much but came to use it this morning and the circuit breaker wont stay in the on position, no click heard but does click when you select off, tried a little bit too hard and snapped of the prong on the left side so always in the off position :scare:, tried online and a few local electrical shops, sadly they have never seen one before :(

any ideas where to find one or a different replacement that would work ?? 

size is 65mmx70mm (including screw terminals)x 38mm.

cheers in advance.

breaker 01.jpg

breaker 02.jpg

breaker 03.jpg

breaker 04.jpg

breaker 05.jpg

That looks old, but essentially x2 RCD safety switches with x2 10amp fuses?

These things trip to protect the device and the person. Might be something wrong with the actual generator or breaker, I doubt the fuse has tripped.

If you cannot find a replacement I would get a decent electrican to look at that, its nots something you want to mess around with your self if you don't know what your doing. Even 10amps at a sustained load is enough to start a fire if there is a fault some where, and I suspect you woudlnt want to be around to see the results of an eletric fire on a petrol generator!!

thanks for the reply, yeah don't really want to messing about with electrics and petrol, was going to use a water pump on the generator so that would add another hazard too.

have looked for a brand new generator, about £160 for a similar model and would be safer :)

Edited by neo