Buying a 350z - Advice needed!

Hi, just registered and have been looking through an awful lot of informative posts but I'm still in need of some advice.

I'm looking to buy a Z within the next week or two and would appreciate any hints/tips or things I should look out for when buying one. I'm in Ireland but I'm mostly looking at UK cars as there's only a handful of (overpriced) 350z's for sale here.

Just to give a brief idea - I'm currently driving a 00' Celica VVTLi with a leather interior so I doubt I could settle for a non-leather spec'd one at the moment. I'm willing to spend around £12-13k on most likely a GT model.

Some feedback from owners about things I should keep an eye out for would be much appreciated, thanks!

Hi bud and welcome to the forum. Plenty of zeds for sale at the moment. Service history and intervals is pretty important and check for the known issues such as clicky back axle. Plenty on this in the warranty section.

If you can find one better than this for spec and price you are doing very well.

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12808

Good luck with it. :D

Thanks for such a speedy response martin and I'll be looking closely in the warranty section now, thanks!. Funny you should post that coz I actually had that very car open in another tab! :)

It looks in great condition but I regrettably bought my Celica in silver and I'd be reluctant to buy a silver 350z. :| Who knows though. ;)

xStric9x: Thanks for the feedback - Yeah I've put a little thought into it. But one or two things put me off it. There's a new tax coming into place in Ireland in July which basically means that we've gotta pay an extortianate amount of money on any car with high co2 emissions. So I've gotta get this car before July 1st, hence the reluctance to import. Any recommendations on reputable importers? I've only looked at bonsaicars admittedly.

JM imports, Jurgen is a trader on here, dont know what stock they have though.

One big advantage with buying a car from a forum member is that you will get a car which has been looked after, serviced and pretty much free of nasty suprises.

Having said that there seems to e a choice of silver or er.. silver at the moment. If you find something here.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/list.asp?s=299

feel free to post up for comments.