Drifting videos on Youtube - Autocross?

HTZed

Hey guys,

I see a lot of videos on youtube of americans drifting their cars, it looks like there are a lot of places you can take a car to drift in the USA and it doesn't seem like it's extremely expensive, I think they call it Autocross. A lot of the time it seems to be done in an empty carpark. Do we, in England, have anything even remotely similar? All I ever see are extremely expensive "experiences" and equally expensive "drift what ya brung" days but nothing similar to what they call Autocross, I feel like there is no way to get the most out of this car without paying through the nose for track days. Here's an example, there are hundreds online-

Cheers!

Edited by HTZed

Autocross is far from drifting, it's more akin to hillclimbing here where the idea is to be neat and tidy rather than wild and slidey. 

And yes, we have plenty of hillclimbing events here, but if you want to do drifting then that's another thing. Look for the DWYB days at Rockingham, Santa Pod etc.

To be honest i'm not that bothered about the drifting, but it would be fun. I just want to do something with this car. Are hillclimbing events affordable, and can I bring just a stock Z? Didn't think of looking for those!

Edited by HTZed

Definitely affordable, they're probably the cheapest way of entering motorsports in this country :) The trouble is, like with all motorsport, is that if you want to be competitive then you need to spend money and that's where the costs ramp up. Tbh a track day here or there will likely be cheaper, but obviously not the thrill of competing.

Okay, thank you for the info Ekona, it's appreciated! Not looking to become the next Lewis Hamilton or anything, just want to make the most out of the Z and have a bit of fun, I'll look into hill climbs but maybe I should just pony up for a track day every now and then. Simply commuting to work isn't exactly thrilling :)