Oil gallery gaskets 370z?

N4eay

Evening all,

Recently moved from a 350 HR to a 370 black edition. I had the oil gallery gaskets replaced on the HR for peace of mind, when the guys at Horsham replaced them there didn’t seem to be any sign of failure, but as said I went ahead for peace of mind, not to mention many posts on here of people experiencing gasket failure on the HR. So the 370 being a 2010 still has the same paper gaskets, has anyone on here had them fail / replaced? Doesn’t seem to be as common....

cheers

I had mine replaced on my 2010 370z as the idle was a bit erratic. Mine was done at Horsham Developments and they said that the old gasket was a bit worn, but it sounds like it didn’t really need doing at that point. They also changed the cam chain for piece of mind and at least I know the gallery gasket will not need doing in my ownership. They did say that inevitably the paper gasket will fail, its just a matter of when, so it was better getting it done than leaving. 

It didnt sort my idle though, that persisted until last month (almost a year later) by getting the MAP, MAF and throttle bodies cleaned and the idle reset.  

Edited by W8BGS