water meters

stuey

just had an anual water and sewage bill from welsh water............

£619.00 :scare:

so i rang them and they sed i would benefit from a water meter as i am a single occupant and would probly end up paying around the £200 mark...

anyone else on a meter and how much do you pay for how many people also...................... :)

just had an anual water and sewage bill from welsh water............

£619.00 :scare:

so i rang them and they sed i would benefit from a water meter as i am a single occupant and would probly end up paying around the £200 mark...

anyone else on a meter and how much do you pay for how many people also...................... :)

water meter every time mate :thumbs: , my water rates would be over £700, with a meter it ends up about £400 per annum and that's with 3 women in the house spaying water around like mad man's p1ss, and me washing cars constantly :lol:

Guest prescience

I think you must have a leak or be supplying another property :scare::lol:

As a sinlge occupant you would expect to use 0.2-0.3 cubic metres per day. At United Utilities rates the combined cost per cubic metre is £2.35, so you would expect to be paying between £170 and £250 per year plus standing charge (probably £20).

The attached spreadsheet should help you work it out.

You need to tell them that £619 is not consistent with a single person's usage. With United, they will investigate and they will even fix one leak per year in your supply pipe (the bit that you are responsible for) provided it's accessible and re-imburse you too.

Not sure about Welsh

ps You could be washing the Z too much :p

Guest prescience

I misread your post, thought that was your metered bill :blush:

Never mind, some of it still applies and yes the £200 seems about right

I misread your post, thought that was your metered bill :blush:

Never mind, some of it still applies and yes the £200 seems about right

no.... this is my bill at the moment................. :lol:

this is why im considering a meter........... :thumbs:

sounds like i would be quids in then............. :yahoo:

Yes you will , i forgot to mentionat work the water rates bill was £1200/annum ..we switched some years back to a meter and now pay.........................................................................................................................................................................

wait for it £150/annum :lol:

sounds like i would be quids in then............. :yahoo:

Yes you will , i forgot to mentionat work the water rates bill was £1200/annum ..we switched some years back to a meter and now pay.........................................................................................................................................................................

wait for it £150/annum :lol:

and i bet £149.00 of that is cups of tea................ :lol: