Cooling system

heyho

About a week ago I had been out for around an hour, came back (happened to notice the temp gauge was in the middle) and proceeded to stall the car (it's a 2005 350z). When I restarted it I noticed the temp gauge was in the red. Anyway I put it in the garage and when I turned it off I noticed a large gurgling sound from the engine. This went on around 5 minutes. Anyway next day I looked at the coolant in the reservoir (also checked oil for any creamy sludge but thankfully it was as clear as anything) and noticed it was below minimum so I drove it around 4 miles to the garage (no problem with temp) topped up with coolant then took it for a 30 minute drive. Everything seemed fine.

Next day drove it somewhere, around 3 miles, then stopped for about 30 mins (no issues) and then started to drive back (long route back). At traffic lights I put my foot down only to get power loss then acceleration then power loss. Pulled in and found loads of coolant and steam spurting out from reservoir overflow. Engine warning light came on and temp gauge in red. Proceeded to drive the 3.5 miles home in around 1.5 hours (few hundred yards, stop for 10 minutes etc etc).

Anyone any ideas please.

I was thinking of replacing the temp sensor and thermostat (easy jobs for a noob like me), maybe even the radiator cap as well. Then cautiously trying it. Does this sound sensible. I've also an ODBii adaptor so could see what the error code is.

If this doesn't fix it would the next step be to replace the coolant pump? I think I heard a slight moaning noise (not one I'd heard before) when I was driving it but thought that might be the 2 mile an hour limping home.

• 1 month later...
On ‎31‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 15:31, ZMANALEX said:

Yes sorry for the duplicate post. For some reason my PC didn't show the other post so I thought it hadn't been posted. And ty for your suggestions. Should the fans be going really fast or are they laboured?