Cooling systems

heyho

About a week ago I was reversing into the garage when I noticed my temp gauge go into the red (this was after a 45 min drive with no issues whatsoever). When parked up there was a loud gurgling noise from the engine compartment. Lasted about 5 mins

Next day I checked all the fluids including the oil to see if the dreaded cream was there. Oil is fine but noticed my collant level was slightly below the min mark. Yesterday drove it the three miles to a garage and topped the coolant up. Took it for a blast and once again everything seemed fine.

Took it out tonight and when I was accelerating away the engine started spluttering and I notice steam from the engine. Temg gaude in red. Parked up loads of coolant started pissng out of overflow part of coolant reservoir. Had about 3.5 miles to drive home (no phone with me!!!!) so did a few hundred yards, stopped for a few minutes to let things cool down and carried on like that for about an hour until I got home. Yellow engine light also came on when this first happened. An also the occasional gurgling when stopped.

Any clues what to look for please and how to fix it. Should both the radiator fans be turning when the engine is on as only one is (drivers side).

• 1 month later...