High and fluctuating idle

MartinW

Hi all.

New to 350z's and this forum, I'll do an intro post when I'm a bit less busy at the weekend but I just wanted seek some advice quickly.

The car idles at about 1500rpm and often fluctuates up to about 1800. Based on a quick search this seems high and obviously the fluctuating isn't really normal.

Are there any simple things I can try here for myself before I get a professional to look at it?

Cheers

Martin

Thanks, gonna give this a try tomorrow. I've not even had the car a week and after driving it around a bit more today it seems that starting it cold it revs at about 1000rpm then after it's warmed up and I stop at lights etc it revs high at about 1500 and starts to fluctuate a lot. Maybe that's why I didn't notice it on my short test drive.

If it doesn't help I will have some words with the Dodgy 2nd hand car dealership and see if I can get them to sort it

Tried the pedal dance with no luck

Checked for air leaks and it seemed ok, cleaned the mass airflow sensors and sprayed some other cleaner (erg) I think up through the throttle body when the engine was running, then re-did the pedal dance... No luck.

This article describes my issue, maybe I need a new ECU https://h-dev.co.uk/2016/08/18/350z-hr-vq35hr-high-idle-fix/?v=79cba1185463

Will be taking it to a mechanic