Potential new owner

Daztardly

• Daztardly
  • Members
  • 0 posts

Hi all,

Prior to posting for the first time, I have had a good look through many posts, and would like to say this looks like a really good community and a very well run site.

My reason for joining, as it states above, is I am looking into the possibility of becoming a 370z owner.

I love fast cars, and never have enough money to buy what I really want, so compromises have always been made. Kids, money, house etc, and now is for a different reason. My new lady wants to buy a new car, but is happy for me to choose it, as long as it meets her requirements!

These are; 

Must be an auto, good looks, sat nav and decent interior, and most of all, fit her budget.

I on the other hand, want something fun and fast, good looks, and something a little out of the norm, not seen everywhere.

So more compromising has lead me to this. I know it’s going to be thirsty, I know it’s going to cost a lot to tax, but we can live with these, as long as it ticks all the boxes and puts a smile on my face.

So out of the blue we came across these on one of my regular autotrader searches, and she says “ ooh that looks nice”. Boom, I’ve now been looking at reviews and this forum all weekend, and i’m Like a kid at Christmas again. 

I’m not really mechanically minded, but I love to drive fast cars, they just make me smile all the time.

So i’m on here to get some help in deciding whether I should get one or not, and if so which one to go for, although I’m going to be limited by price. I had no idea that they were even close to being in our price range!

So unfortunately either of the Nismo’s are out of my price range. Visually I prefer the mk11 version just to let you know.

So what I want to know in the first instance;

Are there any big bills required on cars with 60000 plus miles on eg, clutch, timing chain etc

How much for tyres, and what are most recommended?

Best sounding exhaust system on a budget? Not too concerned about increased performance but love a good sounding NA v6 engine

Am I better paying a little more for a facelifted 13 plate gt or plump for a slightly older pre facelift model. Could definitely do with the reverse parking sensors, but could get that done aftermarket

Would like to change the wheels, personal preference is I don’t really like 5 spoke wheels, Nice exhaust sound, and bigger rear spoiler, again personal preference

All help, comments and advice will be gratefully received.

Lastly is anyone else on here from MK or nearby.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Daren

• 3 weeks later...

Youd have to get a standard for automatic. Gt version

Issues to look out for on new ones

Clutch

Tramlining

Bootlid 

Clicking window

Uneven tire wear

steep depreciation on gt models

Tires £400+ per pair