Drinks holder

Argyll

I take it yours is the same as mine - the holder pops out when the cover is pushed and the mechanism turns the holder round?

Mine broke soon after I got the car and it is permanently stuck in the dash. I don't miss it cos I never feel the need to drink and drive.

However, when it first happened I thought I would remove the lower dash panel to see if I could fix it. It proved more difficult than I thought and I gave up. Has anybody tried successfully to remove this panel? If so, what's the secret?

There's a screw at the bottom left that has to be undone i.e where the passenger would have their left foot. You also have to open up the holder and there is a bolt inside holding it to the dash. Obviously if it won't open then you have to force it. The panel should pop out but you will inevitably snap a couple of plastic lugs off. I'm sure the make it this way on purpose so you have to buy a new panel.

i enjoy having my coffee as I'm driving to work so I miss it.

There's a screw at the bottom left that has to be undone i.e where the passenger would have their left foot. You also have to open up the holder and there is a bolt inside holding it to the dash. Obviously if it won't open then you have to force it. The panel should pop out but you will inevitably snap a couple of plastic lugs off. I'm sure the make it this way on purpose so you have to buy a new panel.

i enjoy having my coffee as I'm driving to work so I miss it.

Thanks Sean. Good luck in sourcing a new holder. :thumbs: