GPS tracker starter motor disable relay wiring

Hey everybody =)

Having successfully wired in my gps tracker without initiating skynet, I am now looking to wire in the relay that will allow me to remotely disable the starter motor in the event of b#stards.  To do this I need to cut the cables running from the ignition to the starter motor and insert the relay between them (along with power connection and tracker connections).  If I'm honest, whilst I was happy to root around behind the dash, I've no idea where the cable I need to cut might be!  I have wiring diagrams, but in this case it is not really helping, and I don't know whether I would cut before or after other elements indicated in the diagram...

Is anybody able to drop some mad knowledge to assist? ^_^

Diagrams attached...

20180222_220857.jpg

20180222_222854.jpg

20180222_222915.jpg

I can think of 2 easy options, one would be to take the cable direct at the starter motor - there are only 2 one is the power so a big thick one the other is a "normal" wire you could cut it there or tack it back all the way up (it is on the left hand side of the gearbox as you look into the car) and cut it anywhere around there but it is in a shield with other wires so harder to get at. Another option is the wire that goes to the switch at the top of the clutch pedal, this is the one that means you have to press the clutch to start the car it would have the same effect if the relay was placed in that wire.

The only other option is to trace the wire behind the key that is the one that sends the start power - the last one as you rotate the key, I don't have a wiring diagram but I think it's red with a brown stripe CHECK that in the connector block under the steering column lower plastic cover, you would need to cut it and extend it as I don't think you would get the relay in the space next to the connector.

Hope that helps :thumbs:

Haha yep, might as well, is part of the reason I bought it, and the relay is cluttering up the side in the living room :lol:

I'll let you know the results!