No adhesive shims

Argyll

I've only changed one front so I'll have a look at the other front pads in case they are already attached.

I just thought it was strange how there were adhesive shims supplied with the rears and not with the fronts. It would be unlikely that the fronts are already attached and the rears you have to stick on yourself, don't you agree?

I've only changed one front so I'll have a look at the other front pads in case they are already attached.

I just thought it was strange how there were adhesive shims supplied with the rears and not with the fronts. It would be unlikely that the fronts are already attached and the rears you have to stick on yourself, don't you agree?

it would be strange but they do come attached or not but usually depends on the manufacturer, were the oem ones not attached ? if so could you use these ?

Well I'll be darned!

The front adhesive shims were already attached to the fronts but not to the rears! very strange. Oh well I'm off up the Trossachs to bed them in.

B):thumbs:

redstuff aren't supposed to be an upgrade, merely an oem replacement, yellowstuff are the upgrade

would appreciate you're opinion though :thumbs:

Gixxeruk

I don't what you mean mate! An opinion of what?

Another thing I noticed was there were metal shims on the rear but no metal shims at the front. I stuck the adhesive shims on the pads at the back and I also put the metal shims back on.

After reading an article on 350ztech forums I think it stated that I am only supposed to fit the adhesive shims if there are no metal ones available. I seem to have both at the back. Will this cause any problems?

I think I've learned my lesson, next time I'll take it to Bigphil :lol: