Which discs go where

Argyll

I've just received some new EBC discs for fronat and back. I know which ones are for right and left but in my haste I've taken them out of their boxes and I don't know which one's are for the front and which for the rear.

One set is bronz colour and the other set are black. I'll probably find out when I take the originals off but I'd like to be on the safe side. can anyone help please?

I've just received some new EBC discs for fronat and back. I know which ones are for right and left but in my haste I've taken them out of their boxes and I don't know which one's are for the front and which for the rear.

One set is bronz colour and the other set are black. I'll probably find out when I take the originals off but I'd like to be on the safe side. can anyone help please?

rear disc has a larger thickness centre hub which incorporates the handbrake shoe.

Sorry for being a pain but I want to make absolutely sure what I'm doing.

I'm thinking the black ones actually go to the front now!

Whan you said "rear disc has a larger thickness centre hub which incorporates the handbrake shoe" Did you mean the thickness of the actual metal or did you mean if both discs are lying flat on the ground the rear set should be higher than the front? If so the bronze go to the back as the whole disc is higher than the black ones when the are lying flat.

i hope I'm making sense?

From what Phil has said, I would guess that the actual centre of the rear disc which is bolted to the hub will be larger, possibly in both depth and circumference, so what you said the second time about the discs lying flat would be right :thumbs: