Nissan 350z Engine Management Light HELP

JamesT2992

Hello,

I brought my 350z in September last year and have had the engine warning light on since. I have done the peddle dance and reset it manually with a code reader. 

Before deleting the code I read it and it came with, (P0024/$10)    B Camshaft Position Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance Bank 2.

When I read the code I went to Nissan and ordered 2 new Bank 2 sensors. (Looking at the engine bay, the ones on the right hand side)

I then installed them, and reset the light. After driving for a while, the light came back on, so I re-plugged my code reader in and diagnosed the code. It came up with the same code. 

So since then I took out the new bank sensors, and put in the old ones as this wasn't the issue. 

When I brought the car, I was told it had a lightened flywheel fitted and that this was the cause of the problem for the engine management light showing. 

I asked on a 350z Facebook forum and got told that if it the light didn't go and stay away after changing the bank sensors, then that the flywheel would be the most likely case. As it would effect the timing by being incorrectly fitted?

My problem is that the car seems to run absolutely fine, without sounding different or making any funny/knocking noises or any problems when pulling through the rev range. 

However when the car is warm it is very easy to stall. 

If I change my lightened flywheel to an original (Dual Mass Flywheel?)  will this solve my issue in making 1. The EML light disappear for good and 2. The car being very easy to stall when warm.

Has anyone else had a problem like this, or have any other ideas on how to solve this. 

Regards,

James

• 3 months later...