iPhone 5s Bluetooth operation..2010 car

Dicky

My daughters 2010 car has issues playing her music. When playing the music the sound track appears to skip whereas my iPhone 4 (old I know) works fine. 

The other problem is when receiving a phone call, if she answers from the steering wheel button she connects and can take the call. However if she try's to use the "Answer" display on the sat Nav screen she's cut off straight away.

Anyone offer and advice?

Been searching the forum for more info but everyone seems unsure of how to fix their Bluetooth problems.

Anyone got answers to these questions.

1) is the problem just due to the type of phone being used

2) is it due tomthe phone software upgrades IE: as the phone software moves to higher rev numbers then the fixed head unit software looses connectivity/compatibility.

3) Anyone aware of any software upgrades available for the head unit.

There seems little help available from Nissan other than to pay big bucks by having them check it out then probable tell you it's a problem with your phone.

i see a kind of costly vicious circle beginning to form!!

• 11 months later...

Bit old i know, but i have had this issue since i've owned my car and no one seems to know the answer garage or forum. From my experience, iPhones especially newer ones (I have the X), seem to have a hard time interacting with the Bluetooth radio in the Z's. Androids seem to be almost completely fine bar a few phones.

The best solution i found is to update the phone software to the latest version of iOS and around 90% of the time its ok. Still get stuttery audio every now and again but a lot better than when i was on a lower iOS version. 

The problem probably lies with the phone and the radio software, I imagine maybe something to do with the phone having bluetooth 5.0 and the radio maybe not supporting a2dp very well?