350z import soeedo

Junkyardbear

The speedo in my zed convertible is in kph but has been converted to mph mechanically if that makes sence as it uses the same Speedo from factory but my car measures in mph . The thing is people pass me when Iam doing 60 "mph" in a 60 zone ive tryed doing 100 kph (60mph) using the Speedo but its to fast so I've downloaded a really good app that's confirmed my Speedo is 10 mph off so 60 is 50 and so on. I've confirmed this doing 40 in a 30 zone and the trafic calming sign said I was doing 30 mph. Any thoughts?  wheels sizes and tyres are correct. Thanks Allen.

The speedo is converted using a box which intercepts the signal before it hits the speedo. All imports generally have these. They are however quite variable in how accurate they are. Best thing is download a GPS app on your phone which measures speed and go on a few roads where you can do a constant speed without interruption and look at the difference between speedo and app. 

My speedo over-reads by about 3mph'ish. 

There was a cheat on my celica where you lifted the speed needle over the zero pin so it's under it not resting on it then you start the car. It does a speedo calibration every start so once the car is running lift speedo needle back over the pin so it rests back on top. It got me to within a few miles per hour accuracy.

32 minutes ago, coldel said:

There was a cheat on my celica where you lifted the speed needle over the zero pin so it's under it not resting on it then you start the car. It does a speedo calibration every start so once the car is running lift speedo needle back over the pin so it rests back on top. It got me to within a few miles per hour accuracy.

I break things when it comes to sensitive handling lol