Outside air temp reading too high

Zigi1

Hi,

I've Just realised the ambient (outside) air temperature reading is way too high on my Z, I normally have the display set to MPH but, with the colder weather kicking in, thought I'd cycle through the options to check the outside temp and found the reading is 23 to 24 degrees C which is way off (I reckon about 15 to 20 higher than it should be) so presumably I won't get the "ICY" warning when the outside temp really drops which would be a nuisance. Does anyone know if this is a common problem with the Z or have I just got a dodgy sensor. I believe the sensor's located in front of the rad, is that right? Any suggestions for a fix would be much appreciated.

Thanks y'all.

Hi ZMANALEX, Thanks for getting back to me, I've removed the sensor and tried spraying it with switch cleaner but no joy - it's telling me it's 26 dgrees out there - In Northern Ireland in November, I wish! What price for a sensor posted to NI? Cheers  Zigi1