Engine Warning Light + Adjusting Bonnet

Ross Mac

Hi - Thought I'd kill two birds with one post :blush:

Bird 1 - While driving to my girlfriends parents last night through the wind and rain I accidentially drove into an uber puddle that had formed on a roundabout. Couldnt see it until I was nearly in it but it made on hell of a splash!!

So I get to the house and go inside for an hour or so, when we get back in the Z I turn it on and then to my horror the engine warning light stays lit in the cluster :scare:

I drive away but I didnt notice any changes to how the car "felt", I thought it may have come on due to it getting soaked and thought it would be ok this morning - alas no - the damn light is still on? Its just been serviced so all oil, coolant, water etc etc is tip top?

What do you think it could be? Should I get it straight into a dealers to have a look??

Bird 2 - On a side issue when I had the bonnet up checking the various levels on of these ba****d huge gusts of wind caught the bonnet and forced it backwards, fortunatley it didnt damage the wings or windsceen but now it doesnt sit flush. How do I go about adjusting it? Is it an straight forward job? I've had a search on here and on 350Z-tech but couldnt find a how to - can anyone help me???

Thanks in advance

Ross

Although it's probably no big deal, I'd always get it checked.

You can do this yourself if you're far from the dealer. There's a process somewhere on the net that involves a stopwatch and mashing of the gas pedal in a certain sequence, this will then give you a code which you can look up.

Better to get it diagnosed I reckon. :)

Also bear in mind that there are two levels of MI light, constant on means you can still dive the car. It's the flashing variety that means stop the engine...

I've had three lights in three years, all of which were O2 Sensors. Front L, then R, then both rears :D

Cheers guys - I'll give the ECU reset a bash. The light is on all the time so when i checked it in the book it say's its ok to drive.

If its still on after the reset I'll take it to get looked at.

Just a thought - could it be down to the fact that I've been using non-super petrol for the past few tanks? I've had to watch the pennies recently being a Northern Rock employee....

Any tips with regards to my bonnet issue?