Geek questions DESLOCK

mugwump

Apologies to all non-geek heads, this will undoubtedly appear as gobbledegook!

Anyone know how to backup DESLOCK+ encrypted directories to a non-encrypted archive without un-encrypting the entire tree first?

Scenario - dont want to carry personal/company data on a laptop/USB drive in cleartext so its encrypted using DESLOCK+. However whilst this protects the data should the device get stolen or lost your data is still secure but you dont have a copy of it. So you back it up.

However, DESLOCK wont let you copy an encrypted tree to another folder it seems, also I'd like the server copy of the backups to be unencrypted so that the data is accesible without the encryption keys.

If anyone knows anything please shout! PITA! been fighting with CYGWIN which is incompatible with Zonealarm it seems and now bl**dy DESLOCK. :rant:

Rant over. How are we all? :D

I suggest contacting the company that produces it. Having had a quick look at the site and they seem very niche, so I suggest you use their support and get them to tell you how to do it. They suggest being able to mount the filesystems you produce, so I cant see why they wouldnt be moveable. Alternatively they seem to have USB key chains which encrypt the data exactly the same which you could use to be mobile :)

I suggest contacting the company that produces it. Having had a quick look at the site and they seem very niche, so I suggest you use their support and get them to tell you how to do it. They suggest being able to mount the filesystems you produce, so I cant see why they wouldnt be moveable. Alternatively they seem to have USB key chains which encrypt the data exactly the same which you could use to be mobile :)

+1 ;):lol: