Which 370z

MartMEC

Hello all :) - First post so please be gentle.

About 3 years ago I had a base spec 370z which I modded with an Invidia exhaust, test pipe, Sparco seats, K&N panel filter and UpRev remap. Loved it to bits but for a few reasons it had to go (long story).

Anyway, missing it and now in a position to get another but not sure which way to go, Firstly the car will be solely a "Sunday Toy", I have another car for day to day and family duties etc so it can be as hard and as noisy as I like!

I love the look of the latest Nismo (2015 - ) but not sure if I need to spend so much. Is there any point buying a NIsmo and then changing the exhaust and remapping or do the gains improve over the GT spec cars? Is the Nismo's extra power just a factory remap over the base model?

I think my main thoughts are if I can improve on the handling of my previous car. It was base spec on 18" wheels and although it rode well, the front end could feel a little vague. Do the Nismo's improve this and/or do 19" wheels change the characteristics?

I quite fancy a late model (2014/15) base spec, especially as this now seems to have rev-match which my previous car lacked. I'm not at all bothered about the bose or sat nav as the car is purely a toy. Would a modded Base spec be a step backwards from a modded "GT edition", Nismo Mk1 or Nismo Mk2 - do they handle better?

Hope someone can set me straight :)

I've owned two GT spec 370s and now the Mk1 Nismo (which I'll be putting up for sale in the next month if you're interested :) ).

All great cars, but you get a much greater sense of occasion with the Nismo. It's a real head turner. Handling is where it really shines over the standard car. They do feel a bit nippier, especially with a few mods and a remap, but the difference isn't huge. And yes, you do need an aftermarket exhaust.

The GT is still a great car though and you have the option of picking one up at a good price and modding it to your liking. It depends on your preference. I'm not really into serious modding so the Nismo with just a few choice mods added over time made sense for me.

Edited by sipar69

I have a GT Edition,and love the car,a good compromise between handling and comfort I find.Would I like a Nismo ? well yes,but which one.Prefer rear of MK1 and front of Mk2,also seats of MK2,but it,s a very personal thing.

• Like 1