Engine Light

macca

Had a JWT Popcharger + polished pipe fitted on my car for about 7 weeks now. Last weekend my engine light came on, took it to where I got the car from, plugged the computer in, was told it was something to do with the air filter, possibly something related to temperature but couldn't really tell. Anyway, the fault was canceled on the computer and all was well, light had gone etc. Anyway, week later, light's back on. I'm assuming it's the same problem as before. I'll take the car in on saturday to have it looked at again. It's a friends garage so will cost nothing to have it looked at. Just wondered if anyone knew of any issues with the air filters and the engine lights coming on. Have I just had bad luck in the space of a week or is this going to be a recurring problem or an issue with the way I've fitted the kit? Thanks.

Had a JWT Popcharger + polished pipe fitted on my car for about 7 weeks now. Last weekend my engine light came on, took it to where I got the car from, plugged the computer in, was told it was something to do with the air filter, possibly something related to temperature but couldn't really tell. Anyway, the fault was canceled on the computer and all was well, light had gone etc. Anyway, week later, light's back on. I'm assuming it's the same problem as before. I'll take the car in on saturday to have it looked at again. It's a friends garage so will cost nothing to have it looked at. Just wondered if anyone knew of any issues with the air filters and the engine lights coming on. Have I just had bad luck in the space of a week or is this going to be a recurring problem or an issue with the way I've fitted the kit? Thanks.

Check the hose fittings either end of the MAF unit, it is possible an air leak will give an incorrect reading from the sensor, also check the plug on the sensor uit is clipped in properly as a loose connection also brings up the check light.

Once you are sure everything is as it should be do an ECU reset.

If you do a diagnostic procedure (guides section) via the pedals a code will be displayed using a series of flashes of the check engine light. That will tell you exactly what is wrong. Then you can do ECU reset! :teeth:

If you do a diagnostic procedure (guides section) via the pedals a code will be displayed using a series of flashes of the check engine light. That will tell you exactly what is wrong. Then you can do ECU reset! :teeth:

some peoples knowledge of the 350z shows me just how little i actually know. . . impressive stuff :thumbs: