Selling - To replace disks or not?

Jabbah

Going to sell up and one of the issues with the car is that the front disks are slightly warped. The question is, do I sell as is and let the new owner upgrade to whatever they like or stick a new budget pair on? Same issue with the rear tyres. Another rear wheel car I bought had new but cheap ditch finders on the rear and I was less then impressed first time I drove it in the wet...

Disks are square, discs are round. Floppy disk, brake disc ;)

How obvious is the warping (and are you sure it's warping, not pad transfer)? If it's not that noticeable I'm not sure I'd worry about it, if it is and would detract from an otherwise perfect car then always replace. They'll only haggle you down on cost anyway, best not to give people too much ammo.

In my defence I'm an IT guy :)

The local garage said at the last service they were slightly warped, but that could also have been just from a road test. How do you tell if it is pad transfer? The car is in reasonable condition but not perfect and has done 105K. I'd change the pads myself, but that's still 5-10% of what I'd sell for.

Go and thrash the nuts off the brakes, see if it gets better.

5x stops from 50-30 light pressure

5x stops from 70-40 med pressure

5x stops from 100-40 hard as you can but without triggering ABS

Give it a couple of mins driving at 70mph inbetween each session to allow the brakes to cool. Do each application as quick as you can, so lots of acceleration too.