Strange Tapping (cant find similar issues on other posts)

Dire

So, this does not occur when cold start. After the engine is warm and i am poodling along e.g. 20 mph in 2nd or 30 in 3rd (revs between 2-3k cause anything lower and i get mega chatter from l.w flywheel..) if i hold the revs at a constant i get a tapping that gets louder the longer i hold it. As soon as i let off the throttle or increase the revs (even minutely), the tapping stops instantly.

During testing... i could simulate this while in neutral and holding the revs between 2-3k also

Anyone had this before?

Might be worth noting i have a HR. But i cant seem to find this issue exactly with other cars either.

Thanks.

Edited by Dire

Possibly fuel damper, timing chain a little slack, one of the front belt pulleys or idlers heard the bearings in those do go sometimes or a rod bearing would be my guess, that may be louder than your knock. Those are the main knocky things.

Whats the oil level like and how old is said oil ?

Can you upload a video of the noise ?

I had a clicking/tapping noise on my car only a couple of weeks ago. Wouldn't do it as much in neutral just reving, but when under load accelerating from say 3rd gear from 20mph of 4th gear from day 30mph I got the noise. My exhaust y pipe was blowing but thought this couldn't be it as it sounds like it's coming from the rear..........got my y pipe changed and no more clicking/tapping. I even thought it could be detonation. I even put a video on YouTube "350z possible detonation" you have to turn it up load but you can just about hear it. I honestly wouldn't of thought they blowing y pipe would've been the cause of mine but it was.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk