Help Please, on a JDM

dcash5

Right a couple of questions please as on verge of buying a JDM import....

BOSE system - obv in jap radio frequencies, how does this effect in real world?

Some of the jap cars dont come with Brembo's as i believe this was an option, do brembo's just bold straight on?

Head rumours that the indicator stalk is on the right, is this true and do people change this or just get used to it?

How common are MPH Speedo clocks, Most i have seen have had little black stickers put over the 'K' i like things to be right?

Think thats everything ....

Thanks in advance

Dan

Right a couple of questions please as on verge of buying a JDM import....

BOSE system - obv in jap radio frequencies, how does this effect in real world? I tried three different bannd expanders , none worked , just bought a head unit.. by all accounts the Bose unit is crap anyway :blush:

Some of the jap cars dont come with Brembo's as i believe this was an option, do brembo's just bold straight on? Brembo conversion is expensive you need calipers and disc's as well as the brake lines, why bother ?/ I have no complaints with the standard brakes , even on a trackday :thumbs:

Head rumours that the indicator stalk is on the right, is this true and do people change this or just get used to it? correct, but a lot of cars are anyway, no major problem surely ??

How common are MPH Speedo clocks, Most i have seen have had little black stickers put over the 'K' i like things to be right? yep most have the "K" blacked out , buy a set of clocks from Ebay if it really matters to you , again never worried me :)

Think thats everything ....

Thanks in advance

Dan

why isnt the car being SVA'd surely the clocks should be converted for the SVA?

Zeds arent over 10years old yet...?

Alot of the importers sort the clocks and radios out for you. also dont forget imports are restricted to 112mph

• 2 weeks later...

Got my JDM 4 weeks ago,

1. the Bose system works but thats about it, doesnt look that great and has a tape deck!!! my dealer said they would get it to work for the uk frequencys but couldnt so are going to fit me a new head unit that I will buy.

2. Mine came with Brembos

3. It is on the right and as lomot said you get used to it after a few journeys, my mum and dads car is the same

4. Mine got sorted when SVA'd

Hope this helps!!