Clutch pedal play - how much is too much?

Tomm350z

So I got my 350z on the road and drove it for the first time today! :) love it already although I have noticed there's some free play in the clutch pedal before it actually engages. I've attached a link to the video I took so you can see how much play there is.. is this normal for the 350z or not?

Edited by Tomm350z

Id say its normal, although everyone is bound to be different. Too many variables. Before I had my new CSC and braided line fitted, I definitely had what I would describe as a deadzone, where it made 0 difference. Was very much nothing nothing nothing "clutch engagement" and we're off.

At the back of the pedal there is a pushrod and two nuts, which you can use to adjust the biting point. Its an absolute fiddle mind.

So I got my 350z on the road and drove it for the first time today! :) love it already although I have noticed there's some free play in the clutch pedal before it actually engages. I've attached a link to the video I took so you can see how much play there is.. is this normal for the 350z or not?

Here ya go:

Id say its normal, although everyone is bound to be different. Too many variables. Before I had my new CSC and braided line fitted, I definitely had what I would describe as a deadzone, where it made 0 difference. Was very much nothing nothing nothing "clutch engagement" and we're off.

At the back of the pedal there is a pushrod and two nuts, which you can use to adjust the biting point. Its an absolute fiddle mind.

Ahh ok nice one, Just felt a bit weird as my previous car had no free play in the pedal at all, I'll look into adjusting the pedal thanks :)

Here ya go:

Brilliant thanks for that, looks pretty much exactly the same amount of play as what I've got.