rust behind a piller/windscreen - fixable?

KUGT4

obviously not spotted this before as bodywork hidden underneath panel but....

lifted the 'A piller' panel today to find deep rust (flacking metal) spreading from the top corner of the windscreen to the surrounding pillar

anybody fixed this area of the Z ?

Edited by KUGT4

My last Z did this, and that was the reason then windscreen cracked too. I got autoglass to lift the screen out one day, then I ground the rust out, put some killer in, then painted it. A few days later, once the stuff had set, they came back and fitted the new screen.

Of course, being autoglass they made a complete dogs ear of the admin side of things and bookings were a nightmare, but ignoring that, the only way to get rid of the rust is to cut it out.

No point putting a new windscreen in without sorting it really as the rust will just crack it again

Finger crossed it's nothing to silly. I'd be checking other common places for rust too just to make sure nothing else is lurking,

Mine went from showing no signs of rust to being a bit of a mess in the space of about 6 months, it's crazy how quick it took a hold.

Both rear arches were rotten inside with signs starting to appear on the outside of the arch, front fenders were both bubbling/needing replaced, also had a few spots showing on the roof and bonnet.

feeling your pain atm

had to get rid of last cars because of rust - why invest in a rotting shell?

ill see what needs doing, worst case when they peel things back and decide what to do with the Z

thought things like this didnt happen to the Z - oh, well...