Meister R - GT1 coilovers review - UPDATED 2018 ver

RobPhoboS

I can only echo that as well from the last couple of years taking the Z on track with these installed.

A few times at Snetterton I had forgotten to soften them on the way to get some fuel, crikey could you feel the difference once on the road ! :scare:

I've also installed the SPL front lower suspension bushings, and the outer tie rods too.

So I think there's just one place now without a spherical bushings, which is the rear radius rod (is that same as traction link?) iirc.

Let me know if this thread is a bit jumbled up and I'll start a fresh one.

review in progress + photo's to come

Meister R - GT1 (2018 version with SDV)

Meister R have released several versions of their GT1's, and unfortunately their website currently doesn't show the development they've taken over the last few years to get to where they are now. I really do hope they can spend some time either making a video showing this or something on the website, as I'm sure people looking to spend a fair amount of cash on suspension would like to know the tech behind it all.

They now have a 'Staggered Digressive Valve' updated from 'Double Digressive' since the version I initially bought, as well as 32 stages of damping adjustment (I think it was about 26 previously).

I had to do a little googling to find out more about this, here are some links for ref:
https://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=377409

https://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=575091

My car is currently set to a few clicks above softest for normal road driving.

I can say there is a noticeable difference, and as mentioned several times my car is largely on SPL metal, spherical bushings and Eibach ARB's. It definitely rides smoother than the previous iteration I had but of course it's not a RR Phantom, and due to the bushings you still get the occasional wincing moment from typically low speed, small cracks/potholes in the road.

I've not felt the need to increase the hardness of the dampers, they control the car in a great manner and you certainly don't get any bouncing like on other coilovers I've seen/experienced.

In terms of my needs I wanted a more compliant feeling on the road, which they have achieved, and on track they were ideal for where I am with the car. 

I've not had the pleasure of a track day just yet as my funds are a bit tied up with a few things, in the new year for sure.

Also I'll say it again just to drive this point home.

Customer service has been unreal, exceptionally good and very helpful. I'm glad I didn't go down a route of a coilover made and built in another country as it can take weeks of waiting, in my case after sending them back it took around 1 week.

31453196687_8ef4c93156_b.jpg