Potential replacement parts at 40k miles

ginger_man666

Hi everyone, I have a 2005 JDM 350 which has done ~42k miles. It did ~20k in it's first year then a couple of thousand every year till I bought it. The previous owner doesn't seem to have done much maintenance beyond the basics.

I replaced brake pads and discs when I first got the car due to warping.

My question is: what should I be thinking of replacing - I'm currently thinking of drop links, drive shafts, and maybe clutch.

(I have a slight judder when setting off in first gear when cold, a clicking when I change from forwards to backwards and a sort of popping when going over speed bumps).

Cheers

The suggested things to replace seems to match the list of faults. :thumbs:

Try this for the click though if you think it sounds similar.

Plugs are done every 54k miles or 5 years, so hopefully those were done 2 years ago? If not done "recently", put them on your list.

Really though, "the basics" is all you need unless something goes wrong. This helps to keep on top of it (with a useful spreadsheet on page 4).

Edited by Strudul

Juddery setting off in first will be the flywheel, do yourself a favour and get a lightweight one, not because you're a boy racer, not because it makes the car faster, just because that's what should have been in there in the first place. The OEM dual mass design is ridiculously heavy and introduces extra points of failure for no benefit. The lightweight fly does make the car more responsive has less potential points of failure and no disadvantages. Naturally, since this job requires dropping the gearbox, change everything you can afford to change at the same time; clutch disk, pressure plate, bearing, etc.

Juddery setting off in first will be the flywheel, do yourself a favour and get a lightweight one, not because you're a boy racer, not because it makes the car faster, just because that's what should have been in there in the first place. The OEM dual mass design is ridiculously heavy and introduces extra points of failure for no benefit. The lightweight fly does make the car more responsive has less potential points of failure and no disadvantages. Naturally, since this job requires dropping the gearbox, change everything you can afford to change at the same time; clutch disk, pressure plate, bearing, etc.

Cheers I'll bare that in mind. Thought a new flywheel would be needed.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk