Carbon Fibre Wrap Cracked Lip??? Rust Bubble Problem!

reeceybeaney

New to the 350Z and absolutely love it so far, check out the car in the members build section, however I have a couple of things I need to get sorted.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/113666-so-it-begins-my-new-toy-adviceopinions-appreciated/#entry1693197

From the pictures you may be able to see the front carbon lip is damaged on the passenger side and it's really annoying me as the car is close to being mint (apart from the next bit too). Would it be possible to get the lip wrapped with leaving a similar finish to the spoiler and how it was when it was new or will I need to solve it another way?

Also, on a more urgent note, have a wheel arch rust problem which seems to be common on some 350Zs, has anyone had similar work done and know of an approximate of how much it would cost to sort? I have never noticed it before, so may just be surface rust. And also does anyone know how to prevent this happening again and or to other arches?!

Thanks!

Edited by reeceybeaney

The rust I would say is more than likely from the back of the arch and not surface, so Sod's law you could pay for that to be repaired only to have it appear somewhere else later on. As it's the front wing personally I'd replace it, not the cheapest option I know but could save you hassle in the long run. Maybe get the splitter repaired and painted gloss black or colour coded respraying the bumper also then blended into the repaired/replaced wing/s ?

The rust I would say is more than likely from the back of the arch and not surface, so Sod's law you could pay for that to be repaired only to have it appear somewhere else later on. As it's the front wing personally I'd replace it, not the cheapest option I know but could save you hassle in the long run. Maybe get the splitter repaired and painted gloss black or colour coded respraying the bumper also then blended into the repaired/replaced wing/s ?

Been quoted around £275 for the repair on the wheel arch, not sure if this is reasonable or not but will still ask around. I wanted the lip to remain carbon as the spoiler is the same so wanted to keep them colour coded. If the splitter was sprayed gloss black it would look out of place compared to the carbon spoiler:/