hello, my name is nibby and I'm a newbie

Thanks guys, I was once a member of the other site :thumbdown: but not been around for a long time...Just spoke to Val who told me what has been happening, shocked to say the least.

Anyway thought I would pop over to lend my support to the site for a while.

Just sold my Z after 12 months ownership, reason, not using the thing so thought I might as well have the money in the bank :p missing it already :thumbdown: but maybe in the future :teeth:

Still, I need a runaround for a while and was thinking of a cooper S (can pick them up for around 10.5k second hand) any suggestions :wacko:

Welcome, Nibby. I just joined today too, so I guess we can share the same forum birthday B)

And greetings to you to, then! :thumbs:

As for your run around Nibby, go with the MCS - I still miss mine....

Digsy, is the MCS good to drive?? I'm a little worried that its more a girls car though? saying that I've seen a lots of girls driving the Z and that is the last car you would call a girls car :wacko:

Fantastic mate. Not a girl's car at all IMHO - provided it's not yellow or purple of course! :p

It doesn't drive like a Zed of course but for front driver I couldn't fault it. It goes well and the supercharger "whine" is strangely appealing. There are some great aftermarket exhausts available too but if you can stretch to it get a Works - if I hadn't bought the Zed that's what I'd be driving now.

Only one drawback is the ride on the 17" wheels which is definitely bouncy. If you're not too worried about the aesthetics, and you can find one, the standard 16" wheels give the best ride/handling compromise.

Try www.mini2.com for info and a very friendly forum. No in-fighting and free last time I looked.

:welcome: mate!

Nibby is a great guy, met him personally a few times!

Still can't believe he sold his Z! He had Steve-B doing quite a lot of bodykit work on it too! Greddy sides, Veilside V1 front and rear! Looked very nice!

He even modified his garage to fit the Z and now he's sold it already! madness I tell you! Must be coz he's a scouser :)

:teeth:

thanks for the welcome :yahoo: Digsy thanks for the advice on the MCS, might try a test drive at the weekend then go for a 2nd hand one if like it.

Glyn, yep tis me with the sponge and bucket :p although that was only a very unfair rumour on the old site from Steve-B :boxing: is the old fart still around :teeth::teeth: Anyway glad to see you have the Z, I think the last time we met you had one of those hairdressers cars :p;)

Val, everytime I look into that empty garage I think what a big big mistake I've made selling the Z, but then I think about all those times that it never left the garage and I think 5k miles in 1 yr with half of those travelling to Manchester for work reasons then I think I'm better with the dosh for the moment :scare: although I can easily see me putting my name down for the next gen. Z - bloody fantastic car.

Also Val and other mods, congrats on the excellent site. I hope its a big success and have no doubt it will be. I will stick around for a while to add my support and little bit of knowledge about the Z if people dont mind. Looks like this could be THE forum to visit for Z related know how.

Cheers

nibby