Headlight bulb removal??

marzman

Hi All,

My drivers side headlight went out today - the main beam (not full beam).

I've been searching for the last hour, and i gather i cant tell if i have xenons/halogens without removing the bulb? i have an 03 JDM, basic spec.

So, having looked around it seems that worst case scenario im looking at £60 for a pair of D2R Xenons... which isnt too bad - but how can i tell if the bulb has actually gone - could it be something else?

Finally, how the hell do i remove the main beam bulb?! I swapped my sidelight bulbs about 3 weeks ago and there's no room to move behind there - any suggestions?

This is quite a major problem for me cos im not gonna get chance to look at my car till the weekend, and i drive 30 miles a day in the dark! ...Help!

you can either take the front bumper off or you can access it from wheel arch, undo the wheel arch (front part) and jack the front up a little this will give you a bigger gap between the wheel and the arch, i did mine this way

you need to bend the inner lining a bit to get it out of the way but it easily reshapes when you push it back

But even doing this can you access the whole back of the headlight? Cos i had most of the bumper off and the lining bent right back just swapping my sidelights - and that was a nightmare!!

Is it easy to remove the headlight - or at least pull it forward?

Cheers for your reply by the way...