350Z p2a03 error code, bank 2 sensor 1 - PLEASE HELP

Jon T

Hi guys - I need your help again please :)

This is regards a customer's car.

A pleasant gentleman on Ebay bought this from me to fix a p2a03 error code: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272013927949?euid=fcea0d6f0c82430ab4a2e07f4430ea0b&bu=43780240393&cp=1&sojTags=bu=bu

Let me copy his comment below:(he will be reading this by the way, it's not clandestine or anything)

"Hi, the sensor arrived yesterday and I fitted it and reset the engine light. It came back on after 10miles giving the same p2a03 code, bank 2 sensor 1.

Do you have any ideas? Car runs and drives fine and has no exhaust leaks or vacuum leaks that I can hear? Many thanks for your time, Chris"

Car details:

"Car is uk 2006 with 140k on the clock, engine is all standard. I bought it with the fault and just thought it would be a duff o2 sensor.. cheers, chris"

Now, the sensor that I sent out is a genuine 21k miles sensor and has been tested, so I very much doubt the sensor is fautly. It was from a 2005 DE UK car.

As a test I can send another sensor out to try, but experience tells me that that will not help. As the problem seems to be elsewhere.

What do we think guys?

- does that error code marry up with the sensor that I sent out?

- do we have experience of similar problems caused up-stream from the sensor? e.g. In my Renault is turned out to be the loom-side of the plug that was broken and not contacting correctly.

- anything else that we can think of.

Many thanks as ever

Jon@Emperor

PS let me know any questions you nee to ask of him. Infact I'll just get him to join the forum to answer himself. :)