Is it worth trying to sell my base model brakes?

Aashenfox

I have a US base model import, currently has the standard non-brembo brakes on it. I've already bought the brembo calipers and will be fitting them some time in the next couple of months. Do you guys think it's worth trying to sell the base model brakes on here or uk ebay? Think anyone would be interested?

Funnily enough, the yanks say that the brembos don't offer anything on the road over the base brakes, and even on the track, they are still only a 'middle ground' between the stockers and a 'proper' BBK. Some even say they changed back to the stockers for cheaper consumables (discs and pads) and a grand in their hand for their old brembos. Indeed, the brakes seem more than adequate for the car, my car stops like a champ, I only bought the brembos to fill the wheels a bit.

Thoughts?

Sure, but do you think anyone will buy them? I know they're fairly easy to fit to an fn2 civic on which I suppose they'd be an upgrade. By the way, no change to stopping distance that I'm aware of (assuming same disc and pad material, that both sets start at ambient temp and don't overheat during the test).

Fiver ain't worth my shoe leather or the calories I would consume just getting them down to the post office. lol :) I get what you mean though. I'd start them at 100 squid and if they don't sell, I'll give them to a breaker for a nifty (euros), job done. So yeh, I'm gathering that they aren't exactly a hot item. lol

Oh well, never mind.

Edited by Aashenfox