Aux Belt Replacement

Strudul

My AC belt is looking a little worn and was wondering if it's possible to replace it without having to jack the car and remove the under-engine splashguard?

From what I understand I'll need to remove the larger aux belt first to get at the AC belt, but can't work out if I can get in from above and all the guides say to go from below.

I know it might be more of a ballache and take longer, but I'd prefer to do it that way if possible.

I've heard of people managing it on a HR, but that's a little different as I have an 07 Rev-Up DE.

Anyone got any experience or can provide some insight?

Cheers

~Strudul

You absolutely can get to the adjusters from above, you just need skinny arms and a bit of patience. I've not replaced my belts completely but have tightened them after a garage had installed them. Its a 5 minute job to tighten them can't be much more to fully replace them this way.

If you have skinny enough arms, study the photo in the guides to figure out where the adjuster are. Another top tip is to tie a long piece of string around your wrench and drape it over the front of the car. You're bound to drop to the wrench at some point and it will slide away from sight on the under tray, the string will make fishing it back out again a doddle.

Guide here:

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/15848-how-to-change-the-aux-drive-belts/

This is the photo you need to show where the adjuster are (highlighted in green). I've got a feeling that one of the threads is an opposite thread, can't remember which though!

tn_DSCF0697b.jpg

Edited by Randy_Baton
  • Like 1

Where's the fun in that. Embrace the challenge.

Besides, I think the clips on the front of the splash-guard are broken and I'm not sure how it's attached and if it will ever go back on once I take it off.

Edited by Strudul