rattle on acceleration

wilo

i have this annoying rattle on high revs acceleration and deceleration.

sounds like a loose heat shield but cant pinpoint where .

my car has a full miltek system thats been decatted and just had the resonator removed too .

the noise was present before i had the resonator took off but seems louder now .

any ideas guys ?

oh and the rattle is a tinny noise that increases with the revs ..especially on deceleration

Edited by wilo

Shields on cats, mine rattled at above 2000rpm and when de-accelerating, I removed mine as they were not in a good shape when I replaced exhaust system and cured my noise

But you know cars my issue might not be the same as yours but worth a check and you might be able to save yours and get them sorted

Shields on cats, mine rattled at above 2000rpm and when de-accelerating, I removed mine as they were not in a good shape when I replaced exhaust system and cured my noise

But you know cars my issue might not be the same as yours but worth a check and you might be able to save yours and get them sorted

thx im gona try get under car next week and hopefully find the cause ..ill see if cat shields are still in place

Best bet is to get it on a ramp and bang each box with your fist , its not unknown for baffles to break up and rattle over time

as far as i know i only have the back box now and that seems okay ...will give it a few bangs tomoz and see if outs rattling

So when you say decatted you mean the cats have been gutted rather than decats fitted ?

no it has proper aps decat pipes fitted..basically my miltek system is straight through barring the back box