Clicking from the back of the engine

SeeNoWeevil

Following. Mine sounds like this after a real good run. Tuning shop recently hqd it was fine as they are noisy engines, but they did suggest injector tick

I'm getting absolutely nowhere with it and almost everything has been examined. I'm told the engine is in excellent condition and the symptoms/inspections don't point to any major internal damage, but we can't find the source of the noise. The only remaining things to check are the VVT solenoids.

I'm not sure I can tolerate the uncertainty over the condition of the engine/car personally.

I too changed my fuel dampers to no avail. The tuning shop listened to it and did say that it sounds like any other Z, they even brought out a customers Z and it too sounded the same

Talking to the garage they did mention valves, however they said that they are a shim type design and a bastard to change. I do have a rattle on start up as well so ive literally just gotten off the phone and booked it in for its timing chain and tensioner 😢

I know that feeling very, very well my friend. Its awful not trusting the engine

• 2 weeks later...

Quick observation, something I've noticed on my 20min drive to work each morning

1. Start the car cold, 85psi oil pressure, no audible tapping from the cabin

2. Car gets up to temp in traffic, 32psi and the tapping can be heard from the cabin

3. Some high revs later and pull into work, 25psi, tapping can no longer be heard from the cabin