Replacement key

Nelly64

Hi OliverB, it still for sale.

I have been asked if this is a "genuine" 350Z key. From what I've read Nissan makes one type of key across certain models, they don't make a key for a 350z and a different key for a Micra etc.

The key for sale is exactly the same as the keys that came with my Zed (same number on the outside, same internals etc)

Hope that helps

That's what I've been told, follow the directions for putting your car into registration mode and you should be fine. I never got round to it myself as my spare keys were found. PM sent

Edited by Nelly64

Thanks for the info. It's now not for sale. I was led to believe it could be used as a fully functioning spare but if that's not the case it's not much use.

Apologies to all, it was not my intention to be a time waster.

Mods; please mark this as sold or remove it.

Thanks

Edited by Nelly64

• 4 weeks later...

Hi OliverB, it still for sale.

I have been asked if this is a "genuine" 350Z key. From what I've read Nissan makes one type of key across certain models, they don't make a key for a 350z and a different key for a Micra etc.

The key for sale is exactly the same as the keys that came with my Zed (same number on the outside, same internals etc)

Hope that helps

The above is not strictly true, the key may look the same and have the same markings etc, but is completley different inside, Micra/Almera type keys have a coiled chip on the PCB a 350Z key has a seperate chip that is locked. Also the chip on the 350 carries the coding for American chip Manufacturers wheras the chips for Micras etc have Seimens chip encoding.