Replacing the OEM W Brace - Complete list of parts needed?

colesl4w

Hi all,

I have a brand new OEM W brace ready to go on the car. My old one fell into 3 parts and is long gone.

I have been googling about to see if there is anything else I need to bring to my mechanic so he can fit it.

I have found this W brace hardware kit:

http://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/suspension/braces/5596-350z-nissan-oem-w-brace-hardware-kit-74870-cd200-hwk.html

Can I get away with just having these? Or are there additional brackets required also? I have heard mention of some brackets on either side rusting and needing replaced (for the same cost as the W brace, from memory!) though I can't find that forum post anymore.

Any help would be much appreciated as always.

I removed, cleaned, painted and re-fitted mine this summer and there are some plastic covers either end of the brace you have to remove first which have small bolts fitted.

Luckily all my bolts came out and I was able to clean and coat with copper grease before re-fitting the brace and covers, I did it just using a jack and axle stands on my drive but just needed a hand offering the brace back up so I could get a couple of bolts in.

Think you will be alright with what you have as long as the ones holding the plastic covers on come out ok, a liberal spray with wd40 should help.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to think the W brace will add torsional rigidity to the vehicle. Of course when we modify the stiffen up. One part of the chassis means putting load to another part. No way we can tell it's good or bad from durability point of view....

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1