CF damage

martinmac

I know this is a bit late now but if it was really packaged as well as you said it was Martin, it must have happened before it was posted to you.

WTF do you know.. I was offering this up as collection in person... would love to know how I could sell this face to face with damage :rant:

Don't make accusations, cos it really p*sses me off.

Martin has been great through all this and he will have all his money back plus the bonnet to keep. If it had been me, I wouldn't have been so patient.

I know this is a bit late now but if it was really packaged as well as you said it was Martin, it must have happened before it was posted to you.

WTF do you know.. I was offering this up as collection in person... would love to know how I could sell this face to face with damage :rant:

Martin has been great through all this and he will have all his money back plus the bonnet to keep. If it had been me, I wouldn't have been so

patient.

Right, just want to add that the packaging had been added to since it was shipped to Newseller from America ( no damage) It was about as well protected as it could have been. The bonnet was left at my back door, unsigned for and stood on end in a 2 foot wide alley. I have full confidence that it left him as described.

Having talked to a few dealers on here recently this is a pretty common occurence so I have no problems with this at all.

A common statement from me, things go wrong all the time and its how it is handled. I would buy from him again tomorrow ( if I could afford two cars :lol: )

Martin has been great through all this and he will have all his money back plus the bonnet to keep. If it had been me, I wouldn't have been so patient.

Chill out... I didn't know who the seller was but whenever I package something up to send in the post, I package it to protect it whilst its in transit. Martin rightly said you did an excellent job at this so I can only assume that the damage occured prior to it being packaged or after it was opened. Either way, the point I was trying to make was that if it was protected, it was unlikely to be the courier.

Thats WTF I know. :p

:lol:

Anyway, I'm sorry if you felt offended. By all accounts you've handled the situation fairly which is all that can be asked. No hard feelings :thumbs:

• 2 months later...

Just out of interest the bonnet is now repaired. I have a friend who is pretty good with carbon fibre and he has sorted it. He made a mould of the bonnet on my car and attached it to the damaged one. He then poured in resin and let it set. When fully cured it was sanded and looks pretty good. Then painted the corners to match each other.

So its as good as new with a couple of small black triangles. And it has a new home to go to this weekend. :D

Will get some pics up soon, have just given it another coat of lacquer and donr want to move it.

Just out of interest the bonnet is now repaired. I have a friend who is pretty good with carbon fibre and he has sorted it. He made a mould of the bonnet on my car and attached it to the damaged one. He then poured in resin and let it set. When fully cured it was sanded and looks pretty good. Then painted the corners to match each other.

So its as good as new with a couple of small black triangles. And it has a new home to go to this weekend. :D

Will get some pics up soon, have just given it another coat of lacquer and donr want to move it.

And a very good home it has gone to! :teeth:

:lol::thumbs:

:lol: funny bloke..

im glad its all dealt with.

Just by the way Martin have u installed bonnet pins?..i heard from few previous buyers that their CF bonnets caught on the wind at high speeds and broke free of the latch.

Really? That doesnt sound too good :scare:

Had one of those days bud, got it out to take a pic and it rained again. I think it does look pretty cool. In Cambridge now on the way to work so cant take any photos. Think you may have the honour of posting the first one, it looks pretty good though, the triangles extend 2 inches back on each corner and apart from that its a very nice Seibon bonnet.

:lol::thumbs:

:lol: funny bloke..

im glad its all dealt with.

Just by the way Martin have u installed bonnet pins?..i heard from few previous buyers that their CF bonnets caught on the wind at high speeds and broke free of the latch.

never had a problem with either the Seibon or the Varis bonnet and both have been tested at prolonged high speed runs on our German trips.

The important part is to make sure you transfer over the rubber strips off the leading edge of the standard bonnet and ensure the new bonnet closes tightly on the front edge.

Had one of those days bud, got it out to take a pic and it rained again. I think it does look pretty cool. In Cambridge now on the way to work so cant take any photos. Think you may have the honour of posting the first one, it looks pretty good though, the triangles extend 2 inches back on each corner and apart from that its a very nice Seibon bonnet.

That's cool.. Will post pics when i pick it up on Sat! :thumbs:

Also.. Cheers Phil, cleared up any worries! :thumbs: