Japspeed/toyosport HFC's any experience?

BenM

I'm looking at what the cheapest set of HFC's would be that will pass an MOT emission test so came across the Japspeed toyosport types on eBay and wondered if anyone has any experience with them particularly at MOT time??

I've heard of people using these and failing MOTs. The cheapies are not great. I bought a cheap Toyosport mid-pipe and back box for my Zed and was happy with the price. However I spent more in the garage having it heated up and bent about to make it fit right than I did on the pipe. Fitment was very poor, however the sound it made wasn't too bad, very raspy but I quite liked it. Personally, with experience I'd say pay for the better ones. I had Berks HFC on mine and they fitted a treat and went through the MOT fine

Berks HFCs are quite raspy, but I liked the sound. They took a hell of a lot of warming up to pass the MoT, they did pass though, eventually.

Other option is to buy decats and keep your cats for MoT time and switch them over. If thats your objective.